Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes we did



I'm pretty proud of America today.

I'm proud that more people voted than ever before, and that the highest percentage voted since 1908.

I'm proud that we elected the son of an African to be president. And finally silenced all those who continually defamed America as only benefitting rich white men.

I'm proud that America mandated that the funneling of wealth from the middle class to the wealthiest Americans has got to stop.

I'm proud that we expressed our demand for and end to the wars and bullheaded diplomacy.

I'm proud that we finally recognized that the lack of affordable quality healthcare is the biggest domestic problem we face.

I'm proud that I voted.

Most of all, I'm proud that we got it right.

(My friend, Karen took this picture from her balcony)

No comments: