Saturday, December 20, 2008

She rocks the Old MacDonald

Our five year old had her first piano recital on Thursday. She practiced Old MacDonald like mad and here was the result:



Unfortuately, my friend Bart called in the middle of the performance, so we missed the thrilling "here a song, there a song, everywhere a song song." but it was good. My favorite part was when she held out a whole note, she would sing "hooold two three four" - like we needed to know she was pausing on purpose.




The teachers, God bless' em made the kids do a rock-n-roll bow at the end a-la Spinal Tap. It was thrilling to say the least.



I was pretty surprised when the teacher said that her pitch and rhythm were advanced for her age, and that she could pitch-match with her voice. I guess I hadn't been noticing (bad Dad!), but I've always loved it when she sings. I think she wants a violin next.

3 comments:

The King of Uncool said...

A violin, huh? Indi told me she wants a Gibson ES-335 with dual Humbuckers and an ebony fingerboard - an old Trini Lopez would be great but a new Dave Grohl is okay. She's been Crazy-Gluing her fingernails down, too. I heard Ais try to tell her that it doesn't get any better than Dad's Telecaster, but you know about Gibson people vs. Fender people. *rolls eyes*

Rob Anstee said...

Gibson? I know rebellion starts early, but that's sacrilege in our house.

Unknown said...

damn bart... always ruins it!